Tuesday 12 April 2011

Research


In order to accurately recreate a successful trailer, poster and magazine cover it is important that my group researches each of them to understand there techniques and methods, it is important that we observe this in both general examples and specific to the type of film we wish to create.

To research trailers I will have to look at the micro and macro features used in them, examining things like length, number of edits used, number of locations used, different characters, and amount of story exposition, among other things. This will give my group the basis to plan our trailer.

For my poster research I will look at the various techniques used in the design of the posters, in particular I will look out for things like composition of the image, title etc. the main colours used in the poster and what they denote, as well as the overall effect of the film and how it is achieved, which will help the group in deciding the vibe of our film.

Finally my magazine research will be similar to my poster research except that I will also look at the techniques a magazine cover used to sell to its readership, using examples from the two largest British film magazines "EMPIRE" and "Total Film".

No comments:

Post a Comment