Tuesday 12 April 2011

Planning The Poster


PART 1


I decided that this image from the photo shoot most strongly caught the identities of the two characters and their relationship with each other. Using Photoshop, I took the background away leaving just the characters. I then used a filter that gave the image a comic book appearance, and finally went over the image making small touches to thicken the outline and make other aesthetic enhancements. Following the conventions of the Harry Brown poster I analysed I will put this image over a plain dark background.
                                                                                                                       

PART 2

My group decided very early in the planning stages that a fist would make good iconography for our production, a fist being a representation of might and more specifically having being symbolic of revolutions, and we thought these links matched our narrative.  I coloured it red, being the primary colour of the poster, and used a white background as it did not show up well over the main characters.

The Font for the Vigilante title was downloaded from DaFont.com we use this font throughout the trailer so it matches, however for the title I coloured it red, and then used Photoshop to burn and Smudge the colour so the image looked more visually interesting.
                                                                                                                                            

PART 3

The Tagline “Get Some Justice” was thought up between my groups, we wanted something short and snappy and that fit as well as matching the narrative of our film just right, as Justice is a big theme throughout our Trailer/Film. The font is also taken from DaFont.com.

I chose this font as it resembled graffiti, which fit with the idea of revolutions and gritty urban crime. I then took the text onto Photoshop, resizing each letter so it looked less uniform, then blurring the edges of the letters and lowering the opacity so that it looked like it was spray painted.

                                                                                                                                          
PART 4

Finally I added the names of the stars and the “coming soon” so that my product looked real and matched real media products, with these I took a more minimalist approach, while keeping the burnt red motif that the other text pieces have, though to a lesser degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment